To deal with uncertainty, you have to design your software to be resilient. In this webinar, we review the most useful patterns for building resilient applications such as graceful degradation, timeouts, exponential backoff, and circuit breakers that you can apply to your software development projects.
In this session we demonstrate how to:
- Use graceful degradation to set a fallback when there is a problem to capture any error
- Set a specific duration for a timeout property
- Setup exponential backoff as a way of creating 'wait' time between retries
- Setup circuit breakers to implement a fallback when failures reach a certain threshold
- Test assumptions by injecting failure into our applications and uncovering weaknesses
Speaker: Derek Bingham, Senior Developer Advocate, AWS